Rules and Regulations
• There are 2 categories in the speech competition.
1. Prepared Speech
2. Impromptu Speech
• Participation in both events is optional. Any participant can compete in any event accordingly.
• There are 3 age groups.
1. Junior (2009 – 2011)
2. Intermediate (2006 – 2008)
3. Senior (2003 – 2005)
• Please note that the verdict of the judges will be final and the AISELA committee does not hold any responsibility of it.
• The competition will commence from the 17th of April onwards.
• The respective topics and time limits for the above age groups are given below.
1. Junior Importance of Learning Foreign Languages – 3 minutes
2. Intermediate Power of Words – 4 minutes
3. Senior How to fix Sri Lanka – 5 minutes
• Prepared speeches must be recorded as a video in landscape orientation.
• Exceeding the relevant time limit leads to disqualification of the competitor.
• Competitors must be dressed in their school uniform and should mention their Name, School, Age Category and Registration Number at the beginning of the video.
• The video should be renamed with the First name and Registration code.(e.g. Eshan_JIS07)
• Please be sure to upload the video to Google drive, allow access and share the link when submitting the video. (For convenience, a detailed guide of this procedure will be provided)
• Please paste the relevant Google drive link in the submission form available in our website.
• The deadline for submissions is on the 23rd of April at 11:59 p.m.
• The Impromptu speech event will be held live via the Zoom platform on the 24th of April from 8:00 a.m. onwards.
• Competitors should join the session at 8:00 a.m. as the competition will commence after the opening ceremony.
• Please be sure to rename yourself according to the following format.
First Name_Registration Code (e.g. Eshan_JIS07)
• When joining the session, it is compulsory to keep the camera on and competitors must be dressed in their school uniform.
• Please remain in the waiting room relevant to your age category until each competitor is given the opportunity.
• The topics for impromptu speeches will be given in a raffle 5 minutes prior to the competition.
• Competitors should mention their name, registration code and the topic number from the raffle prior to delivering the speech.
• The respective time limits for impromptu speeches are given below.
1. Junior 2 minutes
2. Intermediate 3 minutes
3. Senior 4 minutes
• Competitors will be notified when one minute is remaining and when the time is over.